Carpentry/Formwork Apprenticeship - Level 2
Intake starts: 4th of December
Do you want to invest in yourself and in your career?
The construction industry is booming so whether you are looking to start or change your career, our apprenticeship is the perfect opportunity for anyone interested in construction.
About our Apprenticeship
* Formwork is an innovative technique used to form concrete structures. You will contribute to the construction of projects through preparation, installation and quality management of all stages of the formwork process.
* The primary role of a steel fixer is to assemble and erect the steel components
required to strengthen reinforced concrete structures, such as bridges.
You will be working as part of a larger team in which you will have responsibility for
constructing reinforcement for columns, beams, walls and floors.
* It is anticipated that candidates will typically complete the apprenticeship
within 18 to 24 months, depending on prior qualifications and relevant
* Candidates without Level 1 English and Maths will be supported to
achieve this during the apprenticeships as this will be required prior to
completing the apprenticeship.
The benefits of Apprenticeship include:
* Earn while you learn
* Gain and develop new skills with on-the-job training and put them into practice
* No student loans or tuition fees
* Work towards a practical and nationally recognised qualification
* Secure employment
Why join McGinley Support Services?
As one of the UK's largest labour providers, we supply several major contracts across the UK, including HS2. We have and will continue to secure long-term contracts that guarantee a future in a growing sector, supported by a professional and expanding team.
There will be a wide range of duties including:
* Demonstrating knowledge of planning and undertake different methods of construction used to build structures productively
* Taking ownership of allocated projects and effectively manage own time
* Practicing safe working techniques for moving, lifting and handling traditional and proprietary formwork system, which will include working at height and using access equipment
* Forming and assembling horizontal and vertical formwork and its components for a range of application including wall, slabs/bases, columns, beams, and precast units to support concrete.
Location: Birmingham (project wide)
What are we looking for?
* This apprenticeship is open to all candidates over the age of 18. We particularly encourage applications from women, who are currently under-represented within the construction industry. All female applicants will be guaranteed an interview.
* Ability to use initiative and work independently.
* Ability to work efficiently as part of a team.
* Enthusiastic and committed to achieving tasks required to completed the apprenticeship
* Ideally you must drive and have access to own vehicle.
* A valid Green Labourers CSCS card is of benefit.
How do I apply?
Please send your CV to our apprenticeships team at email@example.com