Stay up to date
Keep up to date with our latest news and analysis by subscribing to our regular newsletter
£10.00 - £13.46 per hour
Ref No: Bids270421_1619538933
Bid Writer (Flexible Working)
9 month Maternity Cover Contract
£28,000 (full time equivalent)
Are you looking for a fun, team orientated, and flexible role in Bid Writing? We are looking for an experienced Bid Writer to cover a maternity leave for 9 months. You will work closely with various stakeholders to design look and feel concepts for documents and tender responses that are individually tailored to different customers in the rail and construction infrastructure sector.
This is a part-time role; 24 hours per week (3 days equiv.), ideally to be worked across 5 days, either working from home or at our recently refurbished head office in Central Watford (2-3 days/month required in the office for meetings).
McGinley Support Services is one of the UK's largest specialist privately owned recruitment businesses providing the Infrastructure sector of the Construction and Rail industry with permanent, contract and temporary staff at all levels and skills.
We have been consulting and recruiting for over four decades and presently working on the biggest major critical national infrastructure projects in Europe.
What can our new Bid Writer expect?
An exciting and inspiring working environment, where challenges and new concepts are welcomed.
Modern offices with great facilities.
A benefits package including Team Bonus, Life Assurance, and Discounts with Supermarkets, Retailers and Travel Operators.
A manager who will work with you to realise your personal goals and objectives.
What our new Bid Writer will be doing…
* Writing compelling responses for proposals and tenders
* Using and maintaining bid library
* Bid Management of PQQs, supplier questionnaires, ITTs/RFP
* Defining Customer Requirements & Pre-Proposal Planning
* Assessing questions to establish what is really being looked for
* Writing case studies
* Working to tight (two week) deadlines with consistently high standards
* Liaising with subject matter experts to obtain information
* Copy Writing e.g. thought leadership articles, magazines, newsletters
* Proof-reading and editing
* Marketing content management
* Preparing presentations
* Portals / OJEU management
What are we looking for from our new Bid Writer…
* Strong level of English and communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Trained in Bid and Proposal Management
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; tender portals.
* Research and analytical skills
Some experience amongst the following sectors and education would be advantageous but not essential:
* Civil engineering, rail, construction, recruitment, utilities, airports, public sector.
* APMP or Marketing qualification (or working towards)
* Knowledge of Shipley methodology
* Degree qualified, or suitable experience
If you enjoy writing amazing bids, relish working in a fun and collaborative environment and excited about winning tenders for the biggest critical national infrastructure projects in the UK, then we can't wait to meet you. Please apply now!
TELEPHONE SCREENING >>> ONLINE ASSESSMENT >>> FORMAL INTERVIEW >>> OFFER/START
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. We regret that if you have not been contacted within five working days that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. However, please check your junk email folder to ensure that an email from us hasn't been blocked by your spam filter. We receive many CVs and are unable to enter into telephone conversations until we have completed our initial selection procedure.
McGinley Support Services is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependants, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
McGinley Support Services is committed to making reasonable adjustments in order for all candidates who are successfully put through to the interview stage to be able to attend.