We have a position currently open in our Rail Systems delivery business for a Commercial Manager . This a unique opportunity to join a growing and successful rail systems team and support / lead as a key labour provider in the UK Infrastructure market.
In this dynamic, customer facing team you will be the commercial interface for the contract portfolios. You will manage, report and influence as part of a high value turnover division from work winning, budgeting, and cost control through to customer final accounts over an extensive and varied work bank.
This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business, clients and external partners, to understand and deliver solutions to our customers. These same skills will be deployed internally to support and develop our growing teams.
There is an expectation to travel/commute to the regional offices to support business requirements as necessary.
These are the key responsibilities
Commercial management of various contracts/work packages including contingent labour supply, signalling and telecoms, welding, burning and grinding.
* Be responsible for contract change control and management
* Provide key commercial interface for responsible Account Managers
* Provide contractual and commercial support to Account Managers
* Be responsible for contract cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
* Monitor and actively manage and mitigate contract risks
* Provide input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy
* Ensure processes and document control align with the appropriate company standards
* Work and collaborate with key partners in finance, , sub-contractors, suppliers and clients
* Be responsible for maintaining auditable records for contracts in accordance with contractual requirements
* Passion for team working and team development and be part of a successful commercial culture
These are the qualification and skills you will need
We are looking for someone with previous Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor or project delivery project environment.
* Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, construction
* Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, CICES or similar)
* Strong track record in a contractor side, project delivery environment
* Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
* Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
* Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
* Good negotiation skills
* Ability to manage commercial strategies
* Ability to work with limited direct supervision and manage expectations
* Someone who is financially and commercially savvy
* Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions
* Good contractual knowledge and experience
* Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension.
McGinley Support Services is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
McGinley Support Services is committed to making reasonable adjustments in order for all candidates who are successfully put through to the interview stage to be able to attend.