Managing Consultant - Rail/Construction Infrastructure
£35,000 - £55,000
We have an exciting opportunity for a Managing Consultant (360 Sales + Delivery) to join & lead our team of top-performing recruiters focusing on delivering sentinel rail skills and civil engineering competencies to our high-profile clients throughout the UK.
McGinley Support Services is one of the UK's largest specialist privately owned recruitment businesses providing the Infrastructure sector of the Construction and Rail industry with permanent, contract, and temporary staff at all levels and skills.
We have been consulting and recruiting for over four decades and presently working on the biggest major critical national infrastructure projects in Europe.
* You will be a commercial contact of McGinley Support Services, with a responsibility to oversee and lead a recruitment team in the retention and growth of the contingent workforce.
* You will use your network and contacts in rail and construction to identify, progress and convert sales leads as required - you will proactively and consistently strive to identify and obtain new business opportunities from depots and sites throughout the UK.
* You will be responsible for the service provided to client accounts you secure and/or are assigned, as well as mentoring less experienced recruiters to do the same.
* Taking service orders, vacancies, and assignments and fully brief candidates regarding vacancies and roles.
* You will shortlist and present suitably qualified applicants against defined job vacancies, managing the recruitment and selection processes by effectively liaising with the client, candidate, and internal teams.
What happens next…
If you are an experienced and self-sufficient Recruitment Consultant who is motivated by exceeding targets on a consistent basis and has the aptitude to build and mentor a successful contract/permanent recruitment team within the expanding structure of our business, then we can't wait to meet you. Please apply now!
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. We regret that if you have not been contacted within five working days that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. However, please check your junk email folder to ensure that an email from us hasn't been blocked by your spam filter. We receive many CVs and are unable to enter into telephone conversations until we have completed our initial selection procedure.
McGinley Support Services is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependants, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
McGinley Support Services is committed to making reasonable adjustments in order for all candidates who are successfully put through to the interview stage to be able to attend.