Role: Electrical Design Engineer - rail
Working on electrical design works, station lighting, traction power, signalling and general E&P renewals
3 -4 years minimum design experience
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £365 to £400 per day - umbrella or PAYE up to £338.92
Security Clearance: DBS
We are seeking an experienced, electrical design engineer for the in-house design team to further support network rail in undertaking electrical design works across several long-term internal workstreams.
As electrical design engineer you will have the responsibility for the development of technical solutions within the team's budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as an electrical design engineer in an engineering environment. Your day-to-day role will include:
* Using initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles.
* Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
* Design and checking of engineering solutions.
* Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current practices and standards.
* Clear communication of design philosophy and requirements with other team members.
* Design representative at meetings with the network rail project team and/or external clients and stakeholders.
* Appreciation of the team's financial, quality and programme targets.
* Promote safe working practices in all areas.
* Collaborative working with other disciplines
Previous experience within the rail industry isn't a requirement for this role and suitable personal track safety training will be provided via a sponsor.
* Strong background in electrical engineering
* Design engineering experience
* Working knowledge of relevant British & European standards/ BS7671 - 18th edition wiring regulations
* Full working knowledge of Amtech, AutoCAD, DIALux and all relevant design software packages.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.