Role: Principal Technical Officer
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Stafford, ST17 4AT
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £415 - £445 per day Umbrella
* Technical support experience
* Network Rail experience - processes & procedures
* Track experience
* Able to lead the team for engineering and governance -
* Able to coach and lead a team of x 2
* Hand back/close out engineering experience
Working on track work bank of projects - switches and crossing, plain line. Will also cover track renewal schemes.
Provide technical support to the Maintenance Engineering team.
1. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements, plans and other instructions.
2. Manage and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
3. Manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans.
4. Manage information to update systems, databases and records.
5. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
6. Undertake and supervise technical tasks, survey and design work.
7. Design, install, test and commission equipment.
8. Provide technical support and guidance.
9. Undertake technical inspections, tests, investigations and analysis of technical data.
10. Update and provide information to accurately update systems, databases and records as required.
11. Prioritise work arising and agree work plans for the group.
12. Prepare specifications and requisition for materials.
13. Manage processes and systems for the calibration and certification of tools and equipment.
14. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
Experience, skills, knowledge and competencies.
1. Knowledge and experience of technical support activities and techniques.
2. Knowledge and experience of electrification and plant maintenance and construction management process, systems and standards.
3. Knowledge and experience of design requirements, processes and techniques.
4. Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
5. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Able to coach, influence and develop others.
7. Hold and retain the competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
8. Ideally hold or be working towards and NVQ level 3 or 4 (or equivalent) in an engineering/leadership subject.
9. Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.