Stay up to date
Keep up to date with our latest news and analysis by subscribing to our regular newsletter
£300 - £400 per day
Ref No: DM28HSEGLAS_1618333343
McGinley Support Services are looking for both a Health & Safety and Senior Health & Safety Advisor for a major rail contractor, on a major turnkey rail construction and modernisation project based in Glasgow. Immediate start possible 40 hours a week.
Reporting to a Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the following;
- Risk based and themed inspections of the project worksites and sites where the work activities take place.
- Supporting the undertaking of Risk Assessments, Safety conversations and Site Audits.
- Supporting with Investigations and assisting where required in the collation of evidence.
- Carrying out analysis of data and identifying potential trends and implementing mitigation measures.
- Acting as Health & Safety subject matter expert for Project Management team and staff
- Other relevant duties applicable to the role
- NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction), Diploma desirable
- Experience of working in Civil Engineering environment, ideally with railway interfaces
- CSCS, SSSTS or SMSTS ideal
- Valid PTS ideal but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of up to date Health and Safety legislation in the construction/civil engineering environment
- Excellent communication, safety coaching and organisational skills
This role has been determined inside IR35.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.