Situated in the DfT Total Facilities Management (TFM) Group Management Team (GMT) within Group Property, part of the Corporate Finance Directorate. Group Property is responsible for property strategy as well as overseeing all property related matters for the DfT and its Arms Length Bodies (ALBs). This includes estate and asset management of Secretary of State-owned property assets including development projects, acquisitions and disposals and operational property management for delivery of transport infrastructure and services as well as sustainability and facilities management.
The post holder will provide project leadership for the next generation of Facilities Management Procurement for nine DfT business units (BUs) drawing on lessons learned, knowledge and resources from the current Total Facilities Management (TFM Contract). The project team will be drawn from across multiple BUs and will require a high degree of co-ordination.
The current TFM contract has an annual spend of circa £43m, including projects, and runs until 31 January 2024.
The primary role of the post holder will be project management and planning for an initial 18-month period from October 2021 through to the Award of Contract in 2023. Project plans, product requirements, risk management, stakeholder management across multiple organisations, governance oversight and reporting including business case coordination are all key to the PM role and the success of the project.
Leadership and Management:
* Project leadership from the development of project initiation documentation through to contract award
* Maintain project plans and milestones keeping colleagues on track to meet individual
and collective obligations
* Provide direction to the Business Units and advice to budget holders and SRO
through regular reporting to the Project Board
* Project plans managed and updated, logistical coordination of documents and activities including market engagement and business case
* Coordinate and collate the outputs from the Project Workstreams and building pack details from each business unit for over 800 buildings
* Production of project planning and delivery materials, reminder alerts of their commitments and obligations. Milestone reporting
Commercial and Risk Management:
* Maintaining a risks and issue register with frequent review. Procurement documentation and reports version control.
* Ownership of the Business Case development at each stage from SOBC to FBC ensuring contributions are provided for each of the 5 sections
* Responsible for stakeholder management across the project, ensuring compliance with best practice
* Undertake specific Business Unit engagement to secure specified requirements, identifying any challenges and obstacles for escalation to the SRO Project Board
You will also have the following skills/experience:
*Public Sector Procurement Experience
*Experience Project Managed Procurement & Business Case processes
*Experience managing multiple stakeholders in a large organisation
*Professional Project Management Qualifications (APM)
*Facilities management background (Desirable)
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.