Sales Ledger /Credit Controller

Watford, UK £24,000 - £28,000 per annum


Type:

Permanent

Ref No:

ICC/CST92

Contact:

Human Resources

Telephone:

01923696688

Date Posted:

2-Oct-18

Apply

Applied

Main purpose of the job

When Contractors are placed or a permanent fee invoice is to be raised the credit control process begins. It is essential that the correct client billing processes and reporting are adhered to, with that in mind, the role of the Billings and Collection team is to ensure billing/invoicing information is sent with the correct details and formats prescribed by clients so that cash can be collected efficiently.

It is anticipated that 70% of the working week will be spent on invoicing related tasks and the other 30% on credit control duties.

With this in mind strong reconciliation skills and advanced excel skills are essential to the success of this role.

Duties

*Producing reports on overdue debts and statements of account
*Compiling and issuing of client specific reports, invoices or applications for payment
*Ensuring all invoices/billing generated and issued in accordance with clients requirements on a timely basis.
*Resolving client queries and liaising with the Client for Purchase orders and invoice arrangements
*Debtor management/chasing clients for debts via phone and email.
*Maintaining the ledger in good order and ensuring all queries are dealt within a short space of time
*Cash allocation onto Client accounts and against outstanding invoices
*Obtaining credit insurance cover via online system with a credit Insurer
*Other ad-hoc duties including analysis


Core competencies of this role

*Strong /Advanced excel skills (ie Vlookup/ Pivot table/ Sum if)
*Strong reconciliation skills
*Excellent Telephone Manner
*Must be assertive but non confrontational
*Hands on Approach, must be a self starter
*Team Player within a small company environment
*Ability to operate under pressure.
*Ability to work to deadlines is required.
*Good attention to detail.
*Strong time management skills


McGinley Support Services Limited is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependants, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.

McGinley Support Services Limited is committed to making reasonable adjustments in order for all candidates who are successfully put through to the interview stage to be able to attend.

Back to Top