Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 per year + Car Allowance + Contributory Pension
Location: New Eltham, London
Role & Responsibilities:
This is an unrivalled opportunity for an experienced Engineering Professional to join one of the leading SME contractors in the south east of England.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be accountable for:
* Providing guidance on design and engineering matters to all stakeholders including the leadership teams.
* Coaching and being responsible for developing of current and future Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM's) and Contractors Responsible Engineers (CRE's) within the business.
* Acting as the company's representative at industry and client events, for example safety by design briefings, cascading information internally to relevant parties.
* Acting as the Company's Temporary Works Champion.
* Acting as Contractors Engineering Manager on projects as needed.
* Ensuring the communication and implementation of engineering requirements with respect to construction works undertaken by the Company and its Subcontractors.
* Tracking the progress and ensuring the high standard of designs and engineering management across the company.
* Ensuring the fitness and use of Inspection and Test Plans across the company.
* Coaching and being responsible for developing of current and future CEM's and CRE's within the business.
Your Experience & Qualifications:
* 15+ year's experience within the construction industry, in particular rail and design experience.
* Previous acted as a Network Rail signature as CEM or DPE on projects.
* Chartership status: CEng, MICE or MCABE.
* Temporary works designated individual competency.
* Ideally the candidate will have worked within the UK Rail sector for a significant part of their career and have good knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations, Network Rail Group and line standards.