We are currently recruiting for a Senior Traffic Engineer to operate within the Walsall to Oxfordshire area.
* The role will involve fault rectification and support on a wide range of traffic signal equipment.
* Self-motivation will be required as this role is a mobile field role and will also require flexibility and self-management.
* Working alone and with colleagues to the highest standards in order to maintain signals equipment and to reduce the overall fault rates within our traffic signals maintenance contracts.
* Providing support within Traffic Maintenance areas
* Provide technical support to Maintenance engineers
* Provide commissioning support for traffic signal and associated equipment.
* Assist with Sector 8 duties (Qualified supervisor preferable)
* Extensive knowledge traffic signal equipment specifications
* Detailed knowledge of traffic signal product including UTC, MOVA and RMS.
* Fault rectification / modification of all traffic signals equipment
* Periodic inspections on all customer traffic signal equipment, ensuring schedule is maintained and correct paperwork generated
* Liaising with administrative staff to ensure fault and periodic maintenance activities are recorded correctly
* Liaising with maintenance engineers and maintenance manager to ensure repeat fault rate is kept to a minimum
* Self-tasking and clearance of faults utilising the Fault Management system mobile application
* Take direct responsibility for the contracts you are working on liaising directly with the customer where necessary
* Ensuring all paperwork (timesheets, fault records and chargeable forms) are completed accurately and on time
* Carry out call out responsibilities (currently on a 3 weekly basis), liaising with out of hours call centre to ensure repair service is maintained.
* Comply with working procedures
* Responsible for carrying out individual Health and Safety risk assessments on site, plus adhering to any local H&S procedures
* Ensuring that all individual tools and test equipment are fully serviceable and calibrated
* Previous Maintenance role in a traffic signals environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act under pressure and provide good customer satisfaction
* Extensive controller and traffic signal knowledge.
* Extensive knowledge of UTC, MOVA and RMS Systems.
* Full driving license
* Basic IT skills
* Health & Safety Awareness including Risk Assessment training
* Manual Handling Training
* Basic First Aid Training to Sector 8 standard
* Sector 8 achieved