Our client is seeking a Head of Scheme Delivery to join their North West regional operations team. The successful individual will be leading the detailed design and delivery of the capital investment programme for the regions major trunk roads and motorways, in line with budgets, timescales and operational KPI's; whilst ensuring an enhancement in the customer experience.
This role is a fixed term contract for a period of 9 months.
* Take responsibility for delivery of a nine figure annual capex and opex plan
* Lead the engagement with internal and external regional stakeholders so that detailed design requirements are fully understood and scheme delivery is optimised
* Effectively manage resources and activities to minimise disruption for customers.
* Ensure best practice customer communications and engagement approaches are developed and embedded in the ways of working, to continuously manage the customer perception of the schemes in scope, and maintain or improve customer satisfaction scores
* Lead the development of effective and collaborative relationships with the supplier community through clear and shared vision, outcomes, critical success factors and performance measures on all capital programmes in scope
* Deliver effective management and assurance of supplier performance so that technical, customer service and performance standards are met, and that any early warnings, risks and issues are captured, tracked and resolved in line with best practice processes and contractual expectations.
* Continuously review programme design and delivery capabilities, processes and approaches, identifying opportunities for improvement and delivering measurable efficiency benefits in line with agreed targets; champion and share best practice across Operations and the wider organisation.
* Act as the nominated Service Manager for the region's contracts; perform, either directly or through nominated representatives, the necessary duties specified as per the terms of the contracts in scope.
* Ensure relevant statutory and regulatory duties, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges standards, service delivery manuals, requirements and guidance are appropriately discharged.
The successful candidate will have:
* Extensive experience in developing and managing annual financial and resource plans including the development of budgets, capital programmes and service level contracts
* Proven programme and project management experience
* Extensive supplier and contract management experience
* Up to date knowledge and understanding of CDM and health and safety regulations
* Proven commercial and financial acumen; solid understanding of commercial and contractual principles, with the ability to apply these to manage/influence performance
If you like further information or wish to apply for this challenging role, please apply with an up to date CV.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for, and no discrimination against, applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.